11/21/17

Prologue [Weight Loss Transformation]



I guess I reached the end of my weight loss journey. This doesn’t mean that I will stop losing weight or that I am gonna stop exercising. This only means that I broke the 100 kgs mark (63.5 kgs loss) that I have defined almost 2 years ago as my target weight.

I promised that I will share with everyone what I did during the last few months. Maybe my experience becomes helpful for someone out there...

But, before doing that I need to make some points clear:
-I am not a professional nutritionist.
-I am not a professional trainer.
-I am not claiming that what I did is the best way of losing weight.
-I am not recommending/forbidding anyone to do what I did.
-It is left upon you (the reader) to decide whether the content makes sense or not.

Then, what am I doing here?  :D
I will basically write what I did in a series of posts.
7 public posts describing the whole weight loss journey.

Why 7 posts?
I wanted to cover my mind state, physical state and emotional state not only diets or gym routines.
I believe that losing weight starts from your mind and how you do feel about yourself and others.
I don’t believe in going to doctors and letting them give you this diet or that life routine then starting following them blindly as if there is some magic that’s gonna happen. Doctors are good in keeping you healthy and in monitoring your physical state, however it’s YOU and only YOU, who decide to lose weight and actually doing it.

In my opinion, people with a BMI* near/more than 35, might find my posts useful rather than the others and the reason is, as you will see, that my start was a bit slow and steady, because when I decided to lose weight I decided to make it an experiment.

I decided to lose weight by doing the minimum amount of change in my life style. I believe that we "Obese people", We can’t start losing weight by eating everything healthy. I remember, one day, I was saying to someone who was offering to me an apple as a joke.
Nahh, thank you !!, this is too healthy for me :D

My point is, do not expect from a person who has a BMI > 35 to eat salads or eat a yoghurt and fruits at dinner. You are basically increasing the chances of him/her to fail.
Start with what you have!! Fix it bit by bit!! Change it bit by bit !! Optimize it!! Perfect it at the end!!
This is the main reason that made me wanna share my experience/experiment with you because I feel it is a bit different from the usual and more practical.

I will be writing my posts in English (Internet Language).
If anyone has any kind of questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Here are the posts titles:
Prologue (The one you are currently reading now)
Mind and Body State
The Tick
The Process
The Conclusion
What’s Next ?
Acknowledgment

I might add one more post at the end, if there is some FAQ or some extra content that does not fit in.

My name is Mina Saad,
I am 190cm/6’23 feet tall,
I was 162.5 kgs/360lbs,
Now I am 99kgs/220lbs...
Am I happy with what I have now?
Absolutely, 100%, Super Happy !!!
Am I satisfied with what I have now?
Not yet, I can do better ;)
Stay tuned for my next post ! I know you want to get to the conclusion  :) 
Bear with me  :) you will understand :)

*BMI (Body Mass Index): Your BMI is a measurement of your body weight based on your height and weight. Although your BMI does not actually "measure" your percentage of body fat, it is a useful tool to estimate a healthy body weight based on your height. Due to its ease of measurement and calculation, it is the most widely used diagnostic indicator to identify a person's optimal weight depending on his height. Your BMI "number" will inform you if you are underweight, of normal weight, overweight, or obese. However, due to the wide variety of body types, the distribution of muscle and bone mass, etc., it is not appropriate to use this as the only or final indication for diagnosis.
BMI = ((Your Weight)/(Your height in cm X Your height in cm)) X 10000
Severe Thinness < 16
Moderate Thinness 16 - 17
Mild Thinness 17 - 18.5
Normal 18.5 - 25
Overweight 25 - 30
Obese Class I 30 - 35
Obese Class II 35 - 40
Obese Class III > 40

No comments:

Post a Comment