11/17/17

The Conclusion & Whats Next ? [Weight Loss Transformation]

Lets recap the whole thing.
I decided to lose weight in December 2015, I was in a really bad shape, physically and emotionally.
I started by counting my food in terms of calories and making sure that I am eating less than my maintenance intake. In addition to that I started to exercise by walking everyday 2km. I didn’t change my life 180 degrees in one day.

Everyday I tried to enhance my food and my workout: less carbs, less fats, more protein. Now, lets start weight lifting, upper body only, lower body too,....

I got better day by day, now I can run daily for 3~5km, now I can lift heavier. My life style dictated my diet/food scheduling technique so Intermittent fasting became my natural choice.

I reached my goal (hitting 100 kgs) in August 2017.
Surprisingly, It didn’t feel that I have waited that long.

I want to share the lessons I learned from my journey:
-The only person who can help you is yourself.
-Our bodies react differently than each other. What works for me may or may not work for you.
-Always start from what you have.
-Consistency makes everything easier, It allows you to monitor your progress and body response. Don’t make all the changes together, always keep a next card to play, your body is very adaptive to changes, every change is enough to make a difference. So don’t do them all together.
-No Magic, No cheating, You need to do it by yourself day by day and find a way to enjoy it.
-Putting muscles is the only cheat that you can do to lose weight fast.
-Always ask yourself, Is it doable/maintainable?, can I keep doing what I am doing now to lose weight for a month/year/lifetime?
-Life is not always colorful, you will have bad days and good days (look at the table)
-Failing is part of the process, don’t worry about it, while giving up isn't ;)
-You can’t lose all what you worked for in months in one night.
-Unfortunately, most of the people judge by the looks. (I saw it practically)
-Enjoy it, Enjoy the change. One change at a time... Soon You will be done with all...

Those are the main lessons that I have learned in the past 2 years :)

What I am doing now and gonna do next?
I am still losing fat by keeping a slight caloric deficit and I switched to pure High Intensity Intervals Training (HIIT) at the end of each workout session. I am focusing on weight lifting more to shape my body and fix my posture.


My ultimate goal now is to reach 15 % body fat and try to reach my maximum muscular capacity in a natural way.

No comments:

Post a Comment