5/4/22

Credited in my first feature film


In 2017, I was still living in Germany, Back then, I had a very specific vision of my future career.

I wanted  and still want to be a part of the entrainment industry from the technical side of things, whether in the games industry (hence my studies) or in the movies industry (visual effects, animation or motion capture).

I started planning for that and set some criteria of success or milestones  so that I can keep an eye on my progress over time, making sure I am not drifting away.

One of those milestones is to be credited in a movie and have my own IMDB page.

I started working on that right a way and I managed to get a job into a small visual effects studio in Munich. I was a bit lucky, one or two months after my employment the studio got contracted for its first feature film*.

I was working on that project as an R&D engineer for the motion capture and virtual cam system. We started shooting the movie in March 2017 in Cologne. The shooting should have taken 30 days. 

Being on a set is super cool, it is an eye opening experience for anyone who wants to be in the industry. I was looking forward to it to be honest.

Unfortunately, 10 days in, I had some health complications and I couldn’t continue working on the project and I had to fly back to Egypt immediately.

The movie got released in October 2020, I had a quick look at its IMDB page, 
I was hoping to find myself in the crew, but I wasn’t there. 
I didn’t have access to the movie since it was in theater.
So, I decided to forget about it….

Today, after 2 years, I found the movie on a streaming service, I got curious, and guess what… My name was in the credits
Now I have my IMDB page with the first feature movie I worked on…

 
* Benjamin Blรผmenchen, is very known character for kids in Germany, you can compare it to Bakkar or Babar. 
The movie didn’t do well at all. But who cares, it still counts :D
Movie: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6688324/?ref_=tt_mv
Me: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm13630264/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

No comments:

Post a Comment